Building business value and executing a successful transition when the time is right for you.
Join us for this special seminar for family businesses and owners of privately held enterprises.
If you’re a business owner looking to learn more about your options, this is a great session to get your head around the most important issues when thinking about a future transaction. No one will own their business forever, and developing a plan to maximize the value of what is likely your greatest asset – your business – is a critical element in achieving the future that you want for yourself, your family and the company.
In this session you’ll learn about the critical steps you can begin to take today to make any future transition a success.
- What are the key steps in building the value of your business?
- What are the options for an owner seeking to transition out of the business?
Discussion of the pros and cons of an internal sale to management, a transition to a family member(s), a sale to an outside company or venture capital funded group, or staying in the business while delegating more duties to management.
- What is the market for transactions like today, what kinds of deals are happening?
- Key takeaways – a look at a couple case studies of recent sales.
- How are deals getting financed? What do you need to know from the seller and buyer perspective?
FORMAT: Short presentations from 4-5 experts including Terry Shepherd followed by a moderated panel discussion and audience Q&A.